Currently across The Fosse Group we are considering the possibility of backing one particular charity for some period of time. This would give a clear focus for charitable giving for the Group and help to bring together our parishes in fellowship and as a community of faith. Your thoughts on this and suggestions as to one worthy charity would be very gratefully received. Ideas suggested to date include;
– Charities concerning dementia
– Operation Smile Project (for children with a cleft palate)
– Local charities such as Newark Emmaus Trust
– The Salvation Army or the Red Cross
– Charities relating to one of the places overseas with which our own diocese already has links: Burundi, Natal, The Holy Land…
Please do send an email with your thoughts to: email@example.com or call 01949 20218.
Food Bank Collection at St Peter’s
There is a container at the back of church for the collection of non-perishable food for
the Nottinghamshire Food Banks. Its contents will be collected regularly and distributed
by members of the East Bridgford Methodist Church. For further details call: Alison
Powell on 01949 20985.